Built progressively from 1840 as the business premises for W.D. Moore & Co, a Fremantle merchant family. The surviving complex comprises a residence, factory, stables, as well as the prominent front office/warehouse building completed in c. 1899. The property remained in the ownership of the Moore family for over 100 years, when it was sold to the Stevenson Transport Company in 1956. Purchased by the City of Fremantle in 1985, it was restored progressively from 1985 to 1996.